Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pronounce "Hoeffner." I dare you.

I emailed this professor to get into his lab. I emailed him 3 times, in fact, and he has yet to reply. Now I must go to class and ask for an override to actually attend it. The thing is, I don't know how to pronounce his fucking name.

It's spelled 'Hoeffner.' Now, the 'oe' is what throws me off. Could be 'Heff-ner' or 'Hoff-ner.' Maybe even 'Hoe-eff-ner.' And I don't want to gamble on any one of those.

So I start hoping that he introduces himself. If he says 'I am Professor Hoeffner' I'll be fine, but if he just says 'I'm your professor' then I'm fucked again. The man has yet to speak and he's already stressing me out.

So I'll be in class from 1 'til whenever hoping that a man introduces himself correctly so that I can address him without being shot down for mispronouncing his stupid name.

(Class.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home