Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Monday, May 08, 2006

Boner-inspired philanthropy

A while back a magazine on campus covered Hurricane Katrina. It said the usual 'Wow, this sucks' type of stuff. However, this jumped out at me and punched me in the face:

The person on the cover happened to be a really hot chick. The first thing you see on this magazine isn't the front headline or the price tag, but the sexy lady posing on the front. So you think 'hell, that's cool' and pick it up.

Then you look at the rest of the cover and you see the headline is something like, 'THIS GIRL HAS NOTHING LEFT' and you're like, 'aw, shit, I'm a bad person.'

Is that the angle this magazine was going for? 'We're covering a natural disaster. Let's find the sexiest survivor and put her on the cover. The best way to get people to read about national tragedy is through the human boner.'
'Start scouring the wreckage, photographers! We want women who are sad, but not so sad you don't want to fuck 'em!'

(Bed.)

I didn't have room to say this, but the next thing you think after reading the cover is, 'She can stay at my place. Nudge, nudge.'

And that's fine for you to joke about while on the other side of a magazine, but if you were to say that to her face, she'd probably want her homeless-and-less-sexy family to stay at your place, too. What began as a slight erection ended with you hosting Katrina survivors on your futon. Thanks, Magazine Whose Name I Forgot But I Swear Really Exists.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Henry said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need to turn on comment moderation and word verification. I also posted in your comments section.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. ownt.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home