Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Friday, January 19, 2007

Google Analytics keyword WTF

Recently the site has seen about a tenfold increase in traffic coming in from people searching for stuff. Fortunately, I have Google Analytics, which can tell me exactly what people were searching for when they found this blog. Most of the searches involve away messages for Facebook, but some of the others...are a little off. Check this out:
Frisky ferret dildo?! Why, God, Why?!

I haven't used these words together before, but separately? Sure:
Frisky - "The printer is frisky, needs sex" - I accidentally told a guy that a printer was horny
Ferret - "AHHHHH FERRET CAGE!" - in reference to the Most Hated Smell pen project
Dildo -"a purple dildo dipped in paint" - the only writing utensil more embarrassing than a pink princess pen

But, to date, I've never used those words together. At least, not until now, which means one thing: I've got the "frisky ferret dildo" search locked down.

(not actually on AIM 'cause the computer's sick.)

Other interesting searches that got someone here:
  • "funny boob away messages" - because tits are hilarious...?
  • "how to write sweet messages for my girlfriend" - you found the wrong place, buddy
  • "dreams of water while sleeping" - from the guy who just searched for "best laundry detergent to get pee out of bed sheets"
  • "show your titts blog" - I have yet to post a picture of an exposed breast, but if someone were to offer one...

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So someone actually searched for a frisky ferret dildo? Man, I can't even quote that without feeling like a perve.

I pity his ferrets.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

If quoting that makes you feel dirty, imagine how I felt when I actually googled it. At work.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jarrod said...

Yes, ferret dildos top the list, but I think the "oh snap away messages" search is #2. I mean, are we adding interjections in our search phrases now?

"cheap DVDs beeotch"

"fuck yeah lawn gnomes"

"where is han solo shit i fell in the sarlacc"

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, you do have the "frisky ferret dildo" search locked down. I just tried it and your site is at the top of the list -- nice job -.^n

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home