Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Introduction.

Hi. My name is Henry and I'm on AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) a lot. Now, a significant portion of college students, as you may or may not know, are almost always on AIM, too. Rather than just sign off, they'll tell the world exactly what they're doing when they're not physically at the computer, listening to stolen mp3s and checking their email every few seconds. These messages conveying exactly how and why they're away from the computer are called "away messages."
A significant amount of the AIM-using population is content with putting up away messages like "laundry" and "class" to explain to all their internet friends that they're folding shirts or sleeping in a lecture hall.

However, I'm also a long-winded person. I tend to ramble. I'll fill that away message box to capacity even if I'm going to the bathroom. And I've received positive feedback from friends and stalkers alike. So here we are with an away message blog.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home