Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hardcore music can ruin new friendships

You ever meet someone and immediately get off on the wrong foot with them?

Back when I was planning rock shows, I was introduced to this guy named Daniel during an Enthura concert. Enthura is a hardcore band, and their instrumental work is quality, but their vocals are the screechiest, most unintelligible horse shit I have ever heard. It's like someone told the lead vocalist to make fun of bad metal vocals, then he forgot he was joking and kept sounding like an asshole.

Anyway, I see Enthura playing, and some kids start swinging their arms around (this is called 'hardcore dancing'), and this combination of high-pitched wailing and arm flailing was hilarious, so I turn to my new friend Daniel and say, 'These guys fucking suck.'

He must have misheard me ('suck' = 'rock'?), because he leaned in, smiled, and said, 'I live with these guys. They're awesome!'

I nodded, then left without saying anything else, because there's no recovering from that difference of opinion.

(meeting.)

Bonus content: Also, here's a video on the origin of hardcore dancing. The accuracy is frightening.

Also, Enthura is on Myspace. Check out their music, and do your best to ignore the vocals. They're like turds on an otherwise delicious chocolate cake.

Is it just me or do screamy hardcore vocalists sound a lot like that "You stole my fucking Cloudsong" guy?

For those of you who don't know what is happening in the Cloudsong video, let me explain:
A nerd playing an online game felt that someone stole his magical video game item, so he proceeded to freak the fuck out, in doing so making the other nerds very uncomfortable.

I think My Screaming Cloudsong would be a decent hardcore band name, assuming it isn't already taken.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home