Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Friendship level up

Tonight I realized that as soon as someone says "I'll tell you about this when I know you better" I immediately start planning times for me and this person to hang out. I brainstorm movies we should see together, mutual friends we can invite so it's less gay, and great picnic spots.

'What, we're not good enough friends NOW? Then let's ride on a bicycle built for two and THEN we'll see who's good enough friends. You asshole. Let's go ride bikes.'

The very phrase 'when we're better friends' acknowledges that friendship is on many different levels, and at one point, friendships will ascend these levels. I think when they do, there should be a ceremony. Let's say you and a friend go on a backpacking trip. As soon as you save his life by scaring away a bear or sucking venom out of a snakebite, there should be a little fanfare and the words FRIENDSHIP LEVEL UP! should appear above your head.

How exciting would that be? I'd be saving ALL my friends if that happened.

You know, instead of letting them get hurt, which is what I usually do.

(work.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jarrod said...

Friendship level up!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate you.

Heart,
Mike Katz

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home