Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Learn about the computer

The other day I saw a commercial that said, 'Learn about the computer.' Yes, 'the computer.' Like it's just one entity, floating overhead, watching you. And now some no-name school can teach you all about it! Go drive the car to our school and learn about the computer today!

I could tell this commercial was made by and for the computer illiterate. Certain phrases are a dead giveaway that you suck at technology.

Right now at work some dudes are repairing our walls. They'll walk by and see me checking my email on my lunch break and say something like, 'These people are computer wizzes.' That's something a mom says about the guy who installs Microsoft Office on her computer at work. 'Wow! Surely you are a wizard, or 'wiz' for short. How do you work this 'mouse' thing you keep talking about? And do I have to feed it?'

(Fixing the all-seeing computer in the sky.)

To be fair, I'm sure these people are much better at doing certain things than me. I don't know my car from a washing machine on wheels, and I churn butter like a n00b.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jarrod said...

Do you want to get a high-paying job? Do you want to be qualified? Then you have to learn computers!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JLOgYB-UicI

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jarrod said...

Damnit, Henry, this was a good comment, and you're just going to let it fall by the wayside. Sum' bitch, acknowledge its existence!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

Sorry, Jarrod. I wanted to say either "haha, good video" or "damn you for showing me how SNL took an idea similar to mine and did something much better with it."

The two ideas cancelled each other out so I didn't say anything until you yelled at me for not responding. Then I did, but only to explain stuff.

Man, that was boring.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home