Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

IT work made me hate psychology, humanity

If someone is pursuing a concentration in psychology, this is sometimes indicative of him or her wishing to understand the human mind so that it can be repaired (for a nominal fee, of course). I studied psychology, and at one point I wanted to fix mankind by diving into its brain and charging an hourly rate. I wanted to help the world with my mastery of the human mind.

Then I got a job in the IT department.

I hate mankind now. You people are stupid assholes. It's not that hard to open an email attachment, people, so stop asking me. Have you ever heard of Google? Fucking use it before asking me dumb shit. And for the love of each and every one of your different gods (I'm addressing all stupid cultures here), trying helping yourselves. And for the last time, look around before you ask me if we have a stapler. Dickheads.

(at work, hating humanity as a whole a little bit more, I'm sure.)

Don't think I hate my job, either. My job, which is both addressing hardware issues and answering software questions, is fine when it goes smoothly, and most of the time it does and all is well. However, when most of my time spent with users is spent answering questions about office supplies, sometimes I just want to rip off someone's head and pee down his or her neck.

I was gender-neutral there. I'd pee down his or her neck. I'm doing my best to avoid being ungrammatical or sexist, though I'm pretty sure there aren't feminists making signs that say things like "I demand that you pee down my neck, too."

I take that back. I'm sure there's a feminist somewhere making that very sign, but it's for entirely different reasons.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home