Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Spoiled little brat facing corruption charges

My girlfriend just started a job working for a lawyer. The other night I was on the phone with her when she said, 'Ah crap, my boss is on TV.'

Ah crap?! Your boss is a TV star and all you can say is 'ah crap'? Fuck, if my boss were a TV star I'd, um.... I'd... fuckin' wonder why he's still my boss. Yeah.

'No, this isn't good. They're talking about him in this corruption trial.'

Oh man, girlfriend, you surely have made a mistake! I told her she should get legal advice on the issue, just...not from him.

'Hey, you're going to prison, should I still work for you or are you going to ruin my life the way you ruined everybody else's?' That's a hard question to ask your boss.

Hey, maybe the next away message will be good. I'm running late.

(Work.)

Today Amy told me that her boss didn't like the way her presentation went, and I shrugged it off. I can't help but picture her as the adult and him as the spoiled little brat facing corruption charges. Why should she care what he thinks? She's not on trial.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'awww. Thanks, Hank. Yeah, we're cutting some asses so things are looking up.
Also, I've said too much.
Pretend you don't know me.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home