Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Friday, June 16, 2006

Wave after wave of loving fathers

Today I was playing Time Crisis 3, a popular arcade murder simulation, and I got to a level where I was on a train that was surely going to fall down a cliff. What struck me as odd here is that the bad guys kept attacking me even though we were all about to die. I thought 'Why wouldn't they try to escape? They should be running with me, not shooting at me.'

This is how I explained it to myself: 'They have a deal with the Head Bad Guy that says that after they die, their families will be taken care of. If they stop fighting, their families get nothing.'

And while the fact that I thought of that explanation so quickly is disturbing on its own, the more disturbing idea is that all the bad guys have families.

Basically when I play Time Crisis 3 I'm just ruining families by shooting wave after wave of loving fathers.

(Charley's.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home