Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 23, 2006

2nd grade Dave snorting coke

I'm at that stage in my life where I'm hearing about which of my former classmates have grown up to become drug addicts, strippers, and/or corpses. As tragic as it is, it can bring to mind some disturbing yet funny mental images.

Like I'll be talking to someone from high school and they'll say, 'Hey, did you know Dave Bond?' and I'll say 'Yeah, he was in my 2nd grade class.' Then they'll tell me that Dave overdosed on cocaine and now he's dead. That's not the funny part.

What is funny is that I'll picture the Dave I just mentioned, 2nd grade Dave, snorting coke and that's what'll shock me. 'Oh no, how could that happen? He barely knew his multiplication tables. Who the hell gave him cocaine?!'

A friend could say, 'Hey, did you know Mary Graham?' and you'd think, 'Wow, she was in my catechism class when I was 10.' Then your friend says, 'She's an exotic dancer now. She gets naked for money.'

Then you picture your catechism version of Mary dancing for dirty old men and you think, 'That's awful. She was so young. Though I guess she was dressed for it, what with that Catholic schoolgirl outfit and all.'

(Bed.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That line of thought made me think that if no one grows up, we're all still really small. And that's funny, 'cause midgets are funny.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Silent Hill tonight. There were little kids that were like.. on fire. I don't like scary movies =(

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home