Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Monday, March 06, 2006

Popeye's without the spinach

While in Chicago, I tried Popeye's Chicken. Strangely, there was no spinach in my meal. This bothered me. If your restaurant is called Popeye's, you better be shoving spinach into every entrée, appetizer, and dessert. If there was a restaurant called Garfield's, it'd serve lasagna. Pac-man's? Everyone would eat dots. And ghosts.

You'd expect Popeye's to do me a favor, ya know? Fill my biceps with boat anchors, battleships, nuclear bombs, etc. Instead, I just ate greasy chicken, then opened a pack of cards commemorating the last 11 WrestleManias.

Apparently every meal is a children's meal at Popeye's. Everyone gets cards depicting well-oiled men kicking each other. That's just part of the Popeye's experience, ya know?

Shoulda gone with Taco Bell instead.

(Food, meeting, but sadly, not a food meeting.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home