Google
Web awayfromthecomputer.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Stereotyping the Irish once a year

If you think about it, St. Patrick's Day is outrageously offensive toward the Irish. We basically say, 'Hey, I'm Irish, too! And I started drinking green alcohol at 7am because I'm so goddamn festive!'

I'm no world traveler, but I'm guessing this is not the way the real Ireland works. The Xtreme American version of Ireland basically has us reducing Irish heritage to a color and a binge.

We don't do this for any other holidays. 'Hey, it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day so we're eating fried chicken from 7am until we go to bed! Give me a kiss, because I'm a black person!'

I wonder why the real Irish don't complain about our bastardized version of it their culture. Probably because they're too drunk to notice.

(Work, 3-11.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home